Sunday, March 2, 2014

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! GICLEE!

SOLD
18 x 24 Giclee Landscape
© 2013 by Rebecca Croft

I've been traveling for my part time event planning job.  BUT I managed to sell this Giclee through my Etsy store while I was away.  It's nice to sell Giclee's because you can choose one of my paintings and I can have it made in pretty much any size that you want. 

The word giclée was appropriated[3] by Jack Duganne, a printmaker working at Nash Editions. He wanted a name for the new type of prints they were producing on the IRIS printer, a large-formathigh-resolution industrial prepress proofing inkjet printer they had adapted for fine-art printing. He was specifically looking for a word that would not have the negative connotations of "inkjet" or "computer generated".

I've been doing pretty well selling Giclee's.  Mine are printed on gallery wrapped canvas's so they do not require framing if you like a modern look.  It's a nice gift alternative if you can't afford the original painting.  This painting would have been $450.00 but the Giclee in the same size is only $135.00!

Hoping to get back in my studio tomorrow during the snow storm....  Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment