Monday, April 28, 2014

Cherry Blossoms

"Cherry Blossoms"
Acrylic
16 x 20
© 2014 by Rebecca Croft

I still have one class left in my Abstract Workshop.  I painted this one a couple of weeks ago.  I'm very interested to see where I will take this.  I like how it turned out but I still need a lot more practice mixing the paints.  I'd like to tone things down a bit.  Working with acrylics is so different.  I do think they are great for creating abstracts because they dry quickly and you can layer and create a lot of texture quickly.  It's quite fun and very freeing.  I do need a lot more practice but I think this really did turn out looking like spring.  I traveled to New Orleans last week and took lot's of photos so I'll be creating more works of Charleston, S.C. & New Orleans, L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment