Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Pair of Blooms

"A Pair of Blooms"
10 x 14 
Oil
© 2014 by Rebecca Croft




This can be purchased from my Etsy Store:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/178260059/10-x-14-modern-contemporary?

Workshops! Workshops! Workshops!

Every Winter we're stuck inside.  I get so restless so I look for inspiration in my painting.  I have found that by taking a workshop I not only learn new painting tips but get re-inspired.  Workshops always make you think outside the box and work outside your comfort zone.  Each artist has their own way of doing things and their own style.  By taking a workshop I learn to incorporate some of those new applications into my paintings.  I just took a workshop by Trisha Adams on color and it was amazing!  One of the improvements that I want to make in my work is color.  How to make it work for me.  I want my paintings to pop.  Here is another painting I started in the workshop and finished in my studio. The hard part is taking what I've learned and applying it to my paintings in my studio.  

No comments:

Post a Comment