Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Bathing in the Light

Bathing in the Light
10 x 14
Oil
© 2014 by Rebecca Croft

I just returned from THE MOST FABULOUS painting workshop with Trisha Adams.  She is a fantastic painting and a genius teacher.  Not only can she paint gorgeous paintings but can talk about how she does it in simple terms that the rest of us can understand.  I never liked painting still life's before but I really love how this painting turned out.  The color and light are so luscious.  I now need to try and apply what I learned into my landscapes.  I think I'll keep practicing on still life's until I master the light and then apply it to my landscapes.  I really do hope I can move in this direction permanently and not fall back into old habits.  Color and light and brushwork are what make a painting exciting!  Please send me comments and let me know what you think.  Share the enthusiasm:)

No comments:

Post a Comment