Thursday, November 21, 2013

Three Trees

"Three Trees"
12 x 12
Oil
© 2013 by Rebecca Croft

Always experimenting!  Here is a new landscape using thick impasto paint and bright colors.  I like how it turned out.  I seem to be getting more impressionistic which is what I want.  I'm drawn to color and shape not photo realistic art work.  I just finished a workshop with Maggie Siner that was very interesting and taught me a lot about color comparisons.  I hope to continue that study in January when I take a workshop by Trisha Adams who studied under Maggie but is more of a landscape painter.

Don't forget this weekends Ft. C.F. Smith art show.  Reception tomorrow night 6-8pm.  I'll be there from 6-7.  I'll have paintings, small shrink wrapped paintings and notecards.  There are 35 participating artists.  Paintings, pottery, woodwork, and notecards.  Stop by tomorrow or saturday 10-5, sunday 12-4.

No comments:

Post a Comment