Sunday, June 2, 2013

Commission - Ocean View

"Ocean View"
Oil
24 x 36
Commission
© 2013 by Rebecca Croft

Photo I used to paint Ocean View

I love Etsy.  You never know who you'll meet there!  I received an email from a very nice man in Boston who commissioned me to paint this painting of the view from his parents home.  I've included the photo that he sent to me so you can see what I painted from.  I love how it turned out.  I've not had a lot of experience painting rocks.  Truth be told I've kind of tried to avoid them because I heard they were so hard to paint.  I had so much fun painting them.  I was in a real groove today.  I just decided to look at each rock's shape and paint it based on the shape and the lights and darks.  Really when you boil it down that's what painting is.  Shapes and lights & darks.  I do hope he loves it.  I'll be shipping it to him in about a week once it's dry.  Send me your comments I'd like to know what you think.  


No comments:

Post a Comment